The mission of Cathedral High School is to provide a human, religious, and academic education to young men, especially those from economically poor families in the Los Angeles area, within a Christian, Catholic community directed by the Spirit of Jesus Christ and the educational vision of Saint John Baptist de la Salle.
This education provides the opportunity for students upon graduation from school to be:
- People of living faith in their respective religious traditions
- Well informed in the Catholic, Lasallian traditions and informed basically about other religious traditions
- Accepting of their own self-worth, uniqueness, and limitations
- Respectful of others’ self-worth, uniqueness, and limitations
- Appreciative of all gifts given to them
- Ready to meet successfully the intellectual, moral and social demands of college or the workplace
- Able to think critically
- Competent in verbal, mathematical, foreign language, scientific and technological skills
- Able to recognize and respond with compassion to the needs of others especially the poor and marginalized
- Appreciative of beauty and complexity in the arts
- Able to appropriately express personal talents, emotions, and ideas
- Responsible citizens who have a sense of belonging to a civic community
- Respectful of the earth and their environment.