Freshmen Academic Counseling
Cathedral High School
Department of Guidance and Counseling
Freshmen Class Academic Counseling
Junior Class Academic Counselor: Mrs. Loren Martinez
- Meeting with students about academic concerns
- Advising students about college opportunities
- Informing parents and students about the college application process
- Assisting students and parents with course selection
- Advertising summer enrichment opportunities
Fall Counselor Visits (September-October)
September 25-29, 2023
The Freshmen Class Counselor will visit with Freshmen during Religion class in late September or early October. Students will meet the counselor and receive valuable information to help them both academically and in preparing for college admissions. Students will receive information about:
- The PSAT (including practice tests)
- Naviance (a college counseling tools for students 9-12)
- The Cathedral High School College Fair (see below)
- Free and low cost enrichment programs for the Spring and Summer
- Free tutoring available at CHS
College Planning Parent Meeting (November )
November 16, 2023
Parents will be able to get an early look at what students will need to do next year when applying to college at our annual College Planning Parent Meeting. Meeting time (5:30 PM) and location (TBD).
Information with be distributed regarding what students needs to do THIS year in getting ready for the college application season in the fall of his senior year. Topics include: Choosing a College, Paying for College, Standardized Tests (SAT and ACT), transcripts and more. Although this meeting is designed primarily for Junior Parents, ALL parents are welcome and may benefit from this meeting.
Cathedral High School College Fair (October)
Thursday October 26, 2024 at (TBD) in the GYM
Cathedral High School will host more than 70 colleges from California and throughout the country. Representatives from Cal States, UCs and private colleges and universities will be on hand to answer your questions about college admissions. Please mark your calendar and don't miss this important annual event.
Class Registration (February-March)
Class registration will begin in February.
For more information, please visit